Welcome To The Redhill Resources Corp. HUB On AGORACOM

Edit this title from the Fast Facts Section

Free

Venture Exchange Town Hall Meeting

This week the TSX-V held two "Town Hall" meetings, one in Vancouver at Robson Square on Monday, the other in Calgary on Tuesday. The TSX-V said it called the meetings to discuss current market conditions, which are unfamiliar to some of its customers. Panelists in Vancouver included Kevan Cowan of the TMX Group, Rick Rule of Sprott Global Resource Investments and Gordon Keep of Fiore Financial. The meeting in Vancouver verged on the rowdy as attendees complained loudly about high regulatory fees imposed on public companies. This was not the discussion the exchange had in mind, but the attendees were intent on giving it a piece of their mind, and did so.

Better yet read the comment section on how fed up people are with the juniors.

Du-rag pretty much nails it for me.

This is the time of year Companies are filing the Management Info Circulars. You can read what they are paying their executives. I read a few from company's I own and am disgusted to see $15m mkt cap companys paying $500k salarys and director fee's.

Its not all the exchanges fault. The trend of Exec Officers treating the treasurys as personal bank accounts continues to be rampant.

What can the exchange do? Limit the remuneration paid to TSX Venture listed Executives. I suggest a TSX V listed CEO shld be paid no more than $250k with a bonus topped at 50%. And no golden parachutes when fired.

So its not all the exchanges fault, Company's need to show some guidance, no first class flights, cut back on the 20 "resource shows" a year, and steak and wine "shareholder dinners" - time to treat the shareholders with some respect.
New Message
Please login to post a reply