...We Welcome You To The Resverlogix HUB withIn The AGORACOM COMMUNITY!

Free

fuzzy jr...thank you for the excellent post!!! This is good news indeed and fills in another piece of the development.

My sense, and I've expressed it before, is that progress and open communications from RVX and Zenith have accelerated dramatically in the past few months. I see the pattern something like this:

1. They published the initial post hocs which indicated many positive markers such as a statistically significant increase in ApoA-l/HDL (good cholesterol) and a number of other significant markers from ASSURE.
  2. They combined data sets including ASSURE and SUSTAIN and other data and examined MACE (major adverse cardiovascular events including heart attacks and strokes) decreases in the total sample RRR (relative risk reduction) of 55% and in the diabetes mellitus with cardiovascular disease an RRR of 77% both of which were statistically significant. (as an aside, if I had a loved one with DM and CVD I would want them on rvx-208 - just my bias).
  3. Then they contracted with Emerald Logic to use their FACET Predictive Modelling analysis to add more understanding of why rvx-208 reduces MACE.
  4. Then they conducted pathway analysis and micro-assays to further understand the cascading effect of rvx-208 in causing multiple types of positive reactions. It seems that the epigenetic effects became evident.

If I read it correctly one of the areas that is becoming evident is the effect of rvx-208 on glucose.

This greater understanding may have accelerated or aided the Shenzhen Hepalink deal which will give access of rvx-208 to China, Hong Kong Taiwan and Macau (huge populations that would be difficult to penetrate without a regional partner and perhaps difficult for other BP to penetrate - something to think about) both at the BETonMACE trial and the move to market. Hepalink may well be the lead for rvx-208.

This greater understanding could also accelerate regional deals in Europe, South America, Scandanavia, etc.

So with this understanding the presentations at both scientific conferences and investment conferences has accelerated.

Communications at both RVX and Zenith has improved and there is definitely as sense of confidence that has become evident. They brought back in Russo for PR.

So things are happening. BETonMACE is an adaptive trial and this is very key because it is not necessarily a 2 or 3 year wait because progress will be tracked and if BETonMACE gets even to 50% of the RRR achieved in the combined ASSURE/SUSTAIN trials it will be a huge success. In the ASSURE/SUSTAIN trials the MACE positive impact became evident at day 15 and increased with every 15 day measurement. Of course, statistical significance seemed to occur at around 165 days with the sample sizes in that analysis. Larger sample could show statistical significance sooner.

So things are really moving forward and if they implement the dosing as you have indicated it truley will be exciting times.

So DYODD and GLTA

Cheers

Toinv :)

New Message
Please login to post a reply