...We Welcome You To The Resverlogix HUB withIn The AGORACOM COMMUNITY!

Free
AGORACOM NEWS FLASH

Dear Agoracom Family,

I want to thank all of you for your patience with us over the past 48 hours and apologize for what was admittedly a botched launch of our new site.

As you can see, we have reverted back to the previous version of the site while we address multiple forum functionality flaws that inexplicably made their way into the launch.

To this end:

1.We have identified 8 fundamental but easily fixable flaws that will be corrected in the coming week, so that you can continue to use the forums exactly as you've been accustomed to.

2.Additionally we will also be implementing a couple of design improvements to "tighten up" the look and feel of the forums.

Sincerely,

George et al

JK had asked a similar question a few weeks ago on Stockhouse and I answered him here. I've also copied my response below. It's for basic research purposes. Don't get excited. Just google "CAS 1044870-39-4" and you will see a lot of places selling RVX-208 for basic research purposes only.

"THANKS BEAR BUT WHERE DO THEY GET IT FROM?"

Most likely they synthesize it themselves. The structure is known and published, so chemists can synthesize it.

"IF RVX HAS THE PATENT THEY MUST PAY A LICENSE OR OTHER FEE IN ORDER TO SELL IT."

There are many patented drugs currently in clinical trials that are synthesized and sold by chemical companies to be used in basic research. The structure of RVX-208 is known and published, so chemists can synthesize it. I do not know whether these chemical companies that sell RVX-208 had to pay any fee for the purpose of selling it for basic research.

"WHAT CONSTITUTES RESEARCH PURPOSES......CAN JUST ANYBODY BUY IT FOR RESEARCH PURPOSES. I WANT SOME FOR MY PERSONAL RESEARCH; IS THAT ALLOWED."

If you have to ask, then you're not doing research. Even if you did want to buy some for "personal research" most if not all of these companies do not sell to patients. There's also a difference in production standards between research grade and clinical grade compounds, so you wouldn't want to do too much "personal research" with these. Also, if you were considering trying to buy some for "personal research", keep in mind you'll need 200 mg a day (100 mg twice a day) to duplicate the dosing regimen used in Phase 2 and Phase 3 trials. That sticker shock may dissuade you. These chemical companies probably make it on a small scale, resulting in a high cost/mg.

"COULD BIG PHARMA IN CHINA GET IT AND COPY IT. "

The structure is known and published, so chemists can synthesize it....even if they live in China.

New Message
Please login to post a reply