...We Welcome You To The Resverlogix HUB withIn The AGORACOM COMMUNITY!

Free
Message: Friedreich’s Ataxia Therapy News - Very interesting

BKC....that was my understanding before I read the article I linked from the Friedreich's news site.  Here's the link again:

https://friedreichsataxianews.com/2017/05/25/pfizer-seeks-patent-covering-friedreichs-ataxia-therapy-resverlogixs-has-already-developed/

What I find confusing is the suggestion that Resverlogix could challenge the patent request....but that they're not, at least not now it seems.  I don't doubt your knowledge of this overall investment space, as well as the actual science itself....you and bear both rock.  But I have to assume that the writer of this article, Magdalena Kegel....that she knows what she's talking about as well. 

Maybe she doesn't know the ins and outs of patent laws....goodness knows I'm far from an expert.  Here's what her bio says:

Magdalena holds an MSc in Pharmaceutical Bioscience and an interdisciplinary PhD merging the fields of psychiatry, immunology and neuropharmacology. Her previous research focused on metabolic and immunologic changes in psychotic disorders. She is now focusing on science writing, allowing her to culture her passion for medical science and human health.

And here's what she wrote:

Resverlogix, which is based in Calgary, Canada, responded to news of the patent application in an understated way. Instead of indicating it would challenge the patent request, the company’s president and chief executive officer, Donald McCaffrey, said that “we welcome the attention drawn to Resverlogix and apabetalone from significant industry groups such as Nature Reviews Nephrology and Pfizer.”

New Message
Please login to post a reply