...We Welcome You To The Resverlogix HUB withIn The AGORACOM COMMUNITY!

Free

I receive the monthly Endocrine News monthly newsletter of the Endocrine Society. The Endocrine Society members are primarily physicians, clinical scientists and basic scientists. Amongst the various newsletter updates and articles are advertisements for certain pharmaceuticals. Most often, these advertisements are for drugs for glucose control in diabetics. The past several monthly issues have had a detachable pamphlet for Jardiance (empagliflozin) attached to the cover of the newsletter.

The cover of the pamphlet reads "Despite advances in care, CV disease is still the #1 killer of adult patients with type 2 diabetes. Who cares?"

Then you open up the pamphlet and it reads "You do. And so do we." Then you read all about the 38% RRR in cardiovascular death achieved in the EMPA-REG OUTCOME trial. However, as I pointed out in a past post of mine:

"Jardiance decreased cardiovascular death by 38% and decreased all cause mortality by 32%, but because Jardiance essentially had a neutral effect on non-fatal heart attack and non-fatal stroke the overall RRR for the 3-point MACE (death, non-fatal heart attack, non-fatal stroke) was only 14%. And this 14% RRR barely met statistical significance (p=0.0382 with p=0.0498 being their threshhold for significance).

Whenever I see this pamphlet on the monthly newletter, I think about the BETonMACE trial. If BETonMACE succeeds, and if its RRR for 3-point MACE smashes that acheived by Jardiance, what will that Apabetalone pamphlet look like attached to my monthly Endocrine News publication?

BearDownAZ

New Message
Please login to post a reply