...We Welcome You To The Resverlogix HUB withIn The AGORACOM COMMUNITY!

Free

kelsee - I can't for the life of me believe what must be going on inside this little company. They are in Biotech, the highest risk type of investment for a retailer to invest in. Biotech is also a sector that spends copious amounts of money for many years with just a slim chance of having success. They are in Canada where there doesn't even seem to be a Biotech sector. Well there is but its so small it might just as well be nonexistent. Biotech is the most regulated of all types of businesses that one can be in as they are developing new stuff to put in the human body. Public Biotechs have to have all regular reporting that every public co has to do and very little of everything above is in their control. Test results are a challenge to guess how they will play out as well.  Now we are getting to the juicy stuff, the deal making, how much, who with, at what point is someone going to flinch. Add to all that the games that individuals, institutions and hedges are playing. What a maze that is to drive through?

RVX so far has managed to get to a Phase III trial when not many do. I have heard that about 1 in 10,000 drug candidates actually make through the whole process and onto the shelf but please don't quote me on that stat. They have managed to raise enough money over the years to keep this little company going. Most importantly they have managed to keep the science moving forward even through some very devastating times. 

As Bear said earlier we are are now in the 19th month of this trial. So far the DSMB has said we are safe and efficuss, good signs I think. No matter what the share price is today, last month or three months from today if the science is still progressing then the share price really doesn't matter. It will make you feel happy or want to throw up from time to time but it really doesn't matter if the reason you own the company is still in tact.

The company got to a point where they never thought they would be and had to raise money in a hurry. One could argue that this situation should never have been allowed to happen but it did. What we don't know and likely never will is whether they were on the doorstep of a deal that just couldn't or didn't come to a conclusion by the time they really needed the money when they thought, with good reason, that it would close in plenty of time. Administrative issues in this most regulated industry may have caused delays that delayed money transfers or outright payments or the start or additional trials. Personality issues may have delayed some aspects of things to not have happened yet when they should have been done many months ago. Maybe because the potential of this drug is so large one or more of the potential suitors has had a hand in some aspects of the issues that our little company has to deal with so that they are able to pick up the pieces at a much lower cost, however that's just a little conspiracy theory that shouldn't be taken seriously...I hope.

Bottom line here, there are enormous hurdles that need to be navigated at every juncture. So far we have only had a few cuts and bruises, maybe even some really big bruises that we have managed to heal from. Don't throw in the towel at this point because someone is having a little fun with the share price. It was bound to happen when the overnight financing was anounced. It happens with many companies. We are reasonably close to the results of a Futility Analysis that will tell us with more clarity whether we will live to see a another year or so or die on the spot. It is only my opinion but if your going to make a decision to buy, hold or sell shares of this company, do it with a very healthy portion of your decision based on the science and not the games being played with the share price. If the rumour mill is anywhere close to reality and there is five or more companies that are even mildly interested in this little company then the ride will be worth it. If you do not believe in the science you should never have owned shares to begin with.

I've been in this story for just over 10 years. It's been quite a ride. I'm not ready to step off the roller coaster just yet, but that's just me.

Personally I was very excited to see the debt at 117 mil. I have been saying some kind of debt refinancing, extension or increase for some time now. Maybe this guess will actually come to fruition.

So a funny thing just happened, the debt showing on the PDF is now 68.8 mil. Maybe the above paragraph was just wishful thinking after all.

Golly there's a lot of maybe's with this company.

DYODD

tada

New Message
Please login to post a reply