...We Welcome You To The Resverlogix HUB withIn The AGORACOM COMMUNITY!

Free
Message: Can't find any logic to buying the warrants at all....imo they're grossly overpriced.

I know some are talking about dumping shares to buy the warrants....but to me that makes zero sense.

Let's say I sold 5,000 shares for $1.30.....okay, that nets me $6,500 to spend on the warrants.  Today the warrants RVX.WT traded between 40 and 49 cents, so I'll split the difference and put the price at 45 cents.  So I buy 14,400 warrants at a cost of $6,480...

Now I need the PPS for RVX to get up over $2.50 to make this little gambit worth while. 

Leaving aside selling shares and using the $$$ to buy warrants....let's just assume someone has about $6,500 in cash and has to decide between the warrants and buying shares....they can either buy 5,000 shares at around $1.30 or 14,400 warrants priced around 45 cents.

The only reason to buy either shares or warrants is if I believe the PPS for RVX is going to move higher....but buying the shares at $1.30....at $1.40, $1.50 $1.60 etc....all the PPS has to do is get above $1.30 and I have a paper gain.  With the warrants the PPS has to get 45 cents above the excercise price to be worthwile...so over $2.50

It makes no sense to me...for the warrants to become worthwhile RVX has to gain over 90% from where its trading currently before a warrant breaks even...If you think RVX can get to $2.50 then just buy the shares instead, at $2.50 the warrants merely break even....but buy the shares and you're up over 90%.

The only thing about the warrants is that you can walk away from them if the PPS doesn't recover and get over $2.50 over the next four years.....But at 45 cents that seems insane to me.  If they were priced at 5 or maybe 10 cents???  Okay, perhaps...but still I'd buy shares trading for $1.30 instead....

Does anyone seeing any logic to buying warrants that I'm missing?

New Message
Please login to post a reply