...We Welcome You To The Resverlogix HUB withIn The AGORACOM COMMUNITY!

Free

Thanks bear for another very helpful post.

This helped me refine my perspective and become far more sober on my thinking about apabetalone. I've been living in a bubble thinking that apabetalone might be a huge breakthrough...and perhaps it will be.

My key take away from this review and sequence of studies is that each of the studies helped to broaden the understanding of the impact of apabetalone and to help the researchers understand the target population that this drug applies to. Hence the design of the BETonMACE trial.

From what I observe in science and medicine is that with technology evolving and better understanding of genomics continues more specific treatments can be designed. Apebetalone sort of fits this in that it seems to have an impact on their target population of patients with CVD, diabetes and low HDL (etc). That seems to be what the series of trials has lead to.

Moreover, it is unique in it's MOA from what I understand and is addressing a target that currently has unmet needs.

It's multimodal impacts are not yet understood but the possibilities seem not limited to the target population for the BoM trial. The anti-inflammatory impact strikes me as very significant beyond specific targets.

In addition the safety profile in the trial is a very good sign. It may fail 3 point MACE at futility but it may pass 5 point MACE efficacy. This will make for interesting decisions at RVX and with investors in terms of financing going foreward.

What amazes me is that, to date, there does not seem to be any suitor that recognizes the value of the total value of the IP at RVX and Zenith (apologies, I should not have mentioned Zenith in an RVX post). Obviously, Eastern, HL, CV Ventures are betting on the IP and specifically apabetalone. These companies have many patented scaffolds that should have incredible value. 

Finally, a side question. Don stated in a presentation months ago that 2 new analysts would be covering RVX. Did this happen and, if so, are they independent unpaid analysts?

GLTA

Toinv

New Message
Please login to post a reply