...We Welcome You To The Resverlogix HUB withIn The AGORACOM COMMUNITY!

Free
Message: I don't see the logic behind selling shares and buying warrants.....

I'm not saying that it isn't a smart, or logical play....I just haven't grasped it yet.

Selling shares short and going long on the warrants....that makes a lot of sense to me.  Borrow 200K shares, dump them back into the market....that should drive the PPS down obviously, then if the PPS drop scraes holders into selling you can cover off at a profit.  It sure worked like a charm when the overnight financing was arranged it seems.  I would bet that a lot of the 600+K increase in short selling after the B&B brokered placement came from participants in that deal.....

But selling say 10,000 shares to buy 10,000 warrants.....at $1.30 the selling nets $13,000 and then if you can pick up 10K warrants at 50 cents that's $5,000 leaving $8,000 left over....I guess I can see some logic.  If the PPS starts climbing the value of the warrants would climb as well, especially if they were to become 'in the money'....meaning RVX starts trading north of $2.05

I decided to pick up some warrants myself, nothing big.....just 1,000 which filled at 50 cents.  I'm not selling shares to finance the purchase though.  If RVX gets to $3.05 the warrants will obviously be trading higher than 50 cents...they'd be 'in the money' to the tune of $1.00 and then there's the time value of money depending when it happens (if it happens).  

I was thinking it'd be nice to have 100K shares....I'm nowhere near that # now, but maybe I can get there by combining shares with warrants.  

New Message
Please login to post a reply