...We Welcome You To The Resverlogix HUB withIn The AGORACOM COMMUNITY!

Free

KK2

They have the power in their hands once this deal is complete but there are still many unkowns at this stage. Over the years I've read that Ken Dart and Dr Wong have a good relationship in the sense that Dr Wong had influence in selling the scientific merits of RVX to KD. I have no idea if this is true but it’s what I have read. Anyway, I sure have no guess at all what KD’s goals are other than that I’m willing to speculate that he is looking for a block buster and will thus align with anyone that can take it to a final stage one way or the other.

There is one thing we do know and that is (while the IP issue and LOC are solved if this deal goes through) RVX needs to raise a very significant amount of money (my guess is at least $33,000,000) to keep the BoM trial going and they need money to start the other trials. Of course they do not need all of that money at one time but it sure would be reassuring to have it in the bank and let the scientists keep rolling with no concern about job security.

The fact that Don/RVX had to give up 42.9% of the company to solve the big short term problem (I’m not complaining…if that is what had to be done then good for Don) while presumably negotiating the LOI tells me that Don is in a very tough negotiation which may or may not come to fruition and which Don may lose control of.

Also, if and when a new funder comes in I would assume Hepa will have significant sway in the nature and approval of the deal. There are so many funding possibilities…another capital company, a BP (this would be interesting with Hepa in charge), a Chinese gov’t funding agency, another loan (this time backed by Hepa), etc.

If BoM succeeds and RVX becomes a Chinese take over it is another sad day for Canada and Canadian investors.

In some ways it is too bad that Don did not build the brand in the retail market, get the NASDAQ listing and have a source for broad based funding. Oh well, water under the bridge.

OK, I’ll get a ruler and smack my own knuckles for this speculation.

I’m looking forward to the next couple of months. I’m not going to sell now because what is the point. I still believe this is break through science and that apabetalone will set a new standard and fuel a dramatic influx of scientific interest in epigenetics.

GLTA

Toinv

New Message
Please login to post a reply