...We Welcome You To The Resverlogix HUB withIn The AGORACOM COMMUNITY!

Free

"FWIW, I think the more relevant question is what happens once the 250 events are over?  Is there some way that RVX can expedite the adjudication of the last few MACE events: 2 to 3 months.  It has never been clear to me why the last few MACE events should take so long."

"I agree, if they are adjudicating as they go, as they say they are,  why would the last few take sooo long,...? Does not make sense!"

You are incorrectly assuming that the only part of the trial wrap up period is the adjudication of the final few MACE events. See here for some other considerations. And if you look at ANY other cardiovascular outcomes trial, there is always a period of time needed for trial wrap up. Amarin actually had a nice explanation of this time period when they were wrapping up REDUCE-IT in this June 2018 news release:

"The time between commencing last patient study visits and reporting top-line results in other large outcomes studies reviewed by the company has been approximately five to seven months. There is no reliable correlation between the length of time needed to wind down a study (i.e., the time interval between commencement of patient last site visits and reporting top-line results) and the outcome of reported results of a study.  Amarin’s anticipation of reporting top-line results before the end of Q3 2018 is consistent with the wind-down timing of these other outcomes studies, each of which were conducted by companies much larger than Amarin."

Of course, BETonMACE has less patients, less target events, less patient years and less total trial duration. So I expect BETonMACE wrap up to be faster than described above. REDUCE-IT took somewhere in the 5-6 month range from reaching target events to reporting top-line. So the 2-3 months for BETonMACE would be great!

BearDownAZ

New Message
Please login to post a reply