...We Welcome You To The Resverlogix HUB withIn The AGORACOM COMMUNITY!

Free
Message: Insider activity, grants of rights and an option exercise at 75 cents

Yes Koo, the HL warrants are the ones they earned in the April 1 PP. As far as the DSU's, you can look at that a few ways. It saves some cash but they definitely hit us while we were down. Maybe that means they think the price will bottom here. DSU's are often used as a way to keep talent within the company as they are often granted with vesting periods over time of maybe 3 years or 5 years, etc. If you want all of them, you have to fill the term. If they are say 1/3 vested each year for 3 years and you leave after one year, you forfeit 2/3 of them. In the past they have vested them over time as you can see forfeited DSU's in the financial statements. In the January 31 statements, it says that the last ones they granted were vested on the day of grant. I assume they have done the same this time so they would vest on the day of grant, June 12 at probably $2.95 or abouts as that was the close. By vesting them at grant, they are treating them more as options but calling them DSU's. That is a little kick in the nether regions to time it this low and vest them immediately but that is how it is. If there is an upside, it might be that they are feeling confident of BoM success and want to lock in as many as cheaply as possible before it takes off. The reason I think it might be positive is, correct me if I am wrong, but I think it becomes a tax event as income when they are vested. For someone like DM, that would be $239,245 at $2.95/DSU. Since it is income, DM might have to pay 48% or such and I think RVX would withhold almost 39,000 DSU's for the tax. Any gain they later made above $2.95 would then be capital gains but the DSU's are in lieu of salary or some other benefit so qualify as income. Maybe DM was a bad example as he was already at maximum tax rate but with some of the others, this might push them to higher tax rates. If BoM crashes DM will still have to pay max. tax rate but others could be pushed to a higher tax rate and have the shares not worth much. Therein is where I say it might be a move of confidence by the company. Correct me if I have anything wrong but I think this is how it works.    

New Message
Please login to post a reply