...We Welcome You To The Resverlogix HUB withIn The AGORACOM COMMUNITY!

Free

God's speed with your recovery Cabel, you'll be in my prayers....my Grandmother (fraternal) was a Mormon and I know a bit about the faith, so I'll tell you a funny story.

For those who don't know, the LDS Church has something called fasting and testimonial Sunday. I don't recall whether its the first or last Sunday of each month...but if memory serves its one of the two.  At any rate I attended an LDS church for a while....and on fasting and testimonial Sundays members don't eat during that day, and then members can go the pulpit and give their testimony about how they came to the Mormon faith or if they grew up in the church how they've been blessed.  

Anyway one such Sunday an older gentleman took to the pulpit and told the assembled congregation: "I woke up this morning and forgot that it was fasting Sunday, so I stand before you full of Corn Flakes".  

On another occassion I played in a corporate golf tournament, and one of the suppliers who was in my foursome hailed from Salt Lake City.  I asked if he was LDS and he said that he wasn't, he then told me a funny Mormon joke.

"How do you keep a Mormon from drinking all your beer on a fishing trip"?  "Bring two of them".  

Get well soon and God bless.  

New Message
Please login to post a reply