...We Welcome You To The Resverlogix HUB withIn The AGORACOM COMMUNITY!

Free
Message: What would a successful BETonMACE Top-Line Data Announcement Look Like?

quest13 - In the NR linked here  https://www.resverlogix.com/investors/news?article=497  in early 2014 as analysed by a third party there is no mention at all about any significant differences between Crestor and Lipitor in the MACE results. There was a difference in plaque regression but that didn't seem to be significant enough to have a separate statement made about it. The single biggest issue that I remember hearing about for ASSURE was non-compliance for patients taking their drugs. If I remember the story correctly there was one patient who was supposed to have been in the dosed category that had not taken apabetalone at all and had 5.8% plaque growth, which was enough all on its own to make us miss the mark. I have not been able to find any official comments on this story so I caution the readers to take it with a grain of salt.

The MACE numbers in the SUSTAIN and ASSURE trials were very compelling for the combination of both Crestor and Lipitor patients. Both of those trials measured 5 point MACE where as BETonMACE is measuring 3 point MACE. If we come anywhere close to the numbers achieved in the combined SUSTAIN/ASSURE 5 point MACE numbers we will all be dancing in the streets.

I can't seem to get the link to work. The News Release is the first one in January of 2014 listed on the RVX website.

tada

New Message
Please login to post a reply