...We Welcome You To The Resverlogix HUB withIn The AGORACOM COMMUNITY!

Free

BDAZ wrote:  

This is a very important point. Almost all pre-clinical BET inhibitor data out there are for pan-BET inhibitors. Apabetalone is a bromodomain-2 selective BET inhibitor that does not elicit the same profile of transcriptional changes as a pan-BET inhibitor that non-selectively binds both BD-1 and BD-2. It is a great 1 page response. Worth a read. 

I have to wonder if this is at least partly responsible for what many here consider to be our incredibly low market cap...and that includes the Mcap when it was up in and around $1 billion CDN.  While there seems to be a distinct difference between Pan and Selective BET Inhibition I have to wonder if Apabetalone is being judged guity by association.  I think a good number of people don't appreciate the difference between PAN and Selective inhibition...and even those who do, I wonder how many might simply scan over something like this and simply lump all BET inhibitors in the same "no touch" pile.  

I wonder if some only read this far and then basically tuned out:  

In a letter, Dr Perros et al. raised concerns about the potential cardiotoxic effects of BET inhibitors in PAH patients based on published data demonstrating structural and functional alterations of the heart in healthy rodents....

No doubt there are other factors for Resverlogix's Mcap being so low....but imo I think its reasonable to think this is at least part of the reason.  

New Message
Please login to post a reply