...We Welcome You To The Resverlogix HUB withIn The AGORACOM COMMUNITY!

Free

Welcome to Agoracom Lightmyfire. As a longtimer, as you say, you are or should be aware of the various reasons that could potentially be holding the stock back. Chesspoker started a good list.

"a) the drug is viewed as too good to be true therefore a severe discount is applied 

b) perhaps too few know of RVX, and of those that do all of them have taken on as big a position as they can justify (I know I have)

c) perhaps many loaded up huge earlier in the year, expecting the stock price to ramp into top line and had planned all along to lighten up their position before top line (that was my plan except I’m stubborn and will not sell at these prices)"

I'll add some more:

d) Most may view it as an apo-AI and HDL drug. The HDL hypothesis lacks support and has been tarnished by the CETP story. All major trials of apabetalone prior to BETonMACE have been based on the modest ability of apabetalone to raise apo-AI and HDL. Phase 2 ASSERT and Phase 2 SUSTAIN had only modest changes in the primary endpoint of apo-AI and/or HDL-C modulation. 

e) The most recent completed major apabetalone trial, ASSURE, failed to meet the primary endpoint. Plaque regression was no better than placebo. Not a good look to go from Phase 2 trial failure to a Phase 3 cardiovascular outcomes trial. Most cardiovascular drugs start by clearly showing in Phase 2 AND 3 trials that they can robustly  and consistently modulate a risk factor (such as LDL-C, TG, glucose) before proceeding with a cardiovascular outcomes trial. Resverlogix did not follow this traditional linear path.

f) Apabetalone is known to elevate liver aminotransferase. Although mild and transient in most patient, some may view this as a red flag.

g) Post hocs of Phase 2s were mainly based on soft events and not the hard 3-point MACE, which is the endpoint of BETonMACE.

h) Recent ACS diabetics have huge residual risk and the recent diabetes drugs (alogliptin, lixisenatide) thay tried to decrease MACE exclusively in this patient population have failed.

i) All other bromodomain inhibitors in clinical trials are in oncology. Most of these have significant side effects. Most folks don't know about BET bromodomain biology or much about epigenetics at all. Very few appreciate that apabetalone is a bromodomain-2 selective BET inhibitor that is not the same as a pan-BET inhibitor.

j) Management and/or clinical steering committee have a horrible track record of not meeting previously stated BETonMACE timelines and skipping of the previously planned futility analysis and sample size re-estimation analysis.

k) The financial situation of the company could be better and creates much uncertainty (Third Eye loan, potential share consolidation, etc).

l) Being on the TSX but not Nasdaq or other American stock exchange could discourage some investors.

m) Resverlogix could be a lot more active with promoting itself. Aside from participating in scientific conference and publishing, they have made very little effort over the past six months or so in getting the message out to investors. Webcasts, audiocasts, interviews, corporate updates, updated fact sheets, etc.

n) While it is great having some analyst coverage, Resverlogix could benefit from greater quantity of analyst coverage including from major investment firms.

o) All talk, little action on other clinical programs and compounds. 

Maybe this will make DNDStocks happy.

BearDownAZ

New Message
Please login to post a reply