...We Welcome You To The Resverlogix HUB withIn The AGORACOM COMMUNITY!

Free

I am seeing a lot of posts that say "so we are kidney drug" , and we failed with CV, but not quite... 

We are a "decrease cardiac events in diabetic patients with Stage III or greater kidney disease drug", and which events we significantly decrease are slightly different from what was proposed/hypothesized at the start of phase III four long years ago.

What it MIGHT do very well is decrease heart attack, death, and CHF  in diabetic patients, especially with disease bad enough that they have lower GFR. And if this proves to be the case, we are golden,  the data really is that great!   However, once we get to the number of patients with this combination, sample size is approx 150 peeps in ABT and Placebo arm give or take?  So will FDA give it breathrough status... maybe because the asjusted p=0.06, safe etc?  As an investor I really hope so?!  But I see a quick, large, BP funded study on the horizon to get the big bucks (imo).

Quick summary:

Diabetes = vascular inflammation = heart attacks

Heart attacks= heart muscle damage = ischemic cardiomyopathy = CHF

Ischemic CM w/ CHF = reduced blood flow = Renal decline and loss of exercise capacity

Circle above = worsening heart disease, more caths and contrast dye, more CHF, more kidney insultive drugs, kidney failure, and yes, cognitive changes.

There are so many moving parts!  RVX took  a novel approach to hitting these cascades at a different level, and it's going to be great when proven. 

Sorry, i'm getting long winded, but one caution if I may:   We shouldn't bash the clinicians / academics at AHA, none of them need to be educated on what those slides may mean, RVX just didn't quite prove itself yet.  (would you want your jumbo jetliner makers to skip a step and assume that the best way to navigate a plane is...wait that actually happened already :( 

It's a process... "Faster, cheaper"  "Quite Soon"  Doesn't sound like they are giving up - GLTA of us!

New Message
Please login to post a reply