...We Welcome You To The Resverlogix HUB withIn The AGORACOM COMMUNITY!

Free

Very useful summary, thanks.

Given that the major BP players in CVD are often also big in diabetes and CKD (not surprising as all three are interrelated clinically for numerous reasons) my guess is that one of them might take on everything except HIV i.e., CVD (incl CHF and the SGTLi/ABL combo), CKD, PAH, and dementia (mostly vascular in elderly diabetics), and there could be healthy competition for such a potentially hugely lucrative package. 

RVX might decide to keep HIV to itself for now, as Don referred to third party funding, which could be the NIH. Although to my knowledge the published data so far are only from in vitro studies, they were very impressive, and given the excellent safety profile of ABL and the urgent need for a drug strategy to eradicate latent HIV viruses, they might get fast track approval to skip much preclinical work to accelerate a trial. There’s certainly no shortage of potential participants, and if it works, demonstration of elimination of viral RNA for a few months might be sufficient for the FDA. 

All speculation on my part, but it seems to make sense. Let’s hope! 

New Message
Please login to post a reply