...We Welcome You To The Resverlogix HUB withIn The AGORACOM COMMUNITY!

Free

In my mind, the future of RVX is undoubtedly inside a big pharma company, and soon.  ABET has been shown to be safe, and has amazing efficacy for a certain very sick renal disease patient group, with signs that it can reverse dementia.  All it needs is another extended trial for 150 to 250 MACE events for say, 2,000 patients?  Nothing money and time can't resolve to get a billion dollar drug.  In short, an easy set up for a big pharma company.  

But I have a hard time thinking that any buyer will pay $3 billion for RVX, when the public markets are currently pricing it at less than $300 million.  No board will ever accept a price 10 times higher than the stock market valuation.  Anyone who thinks so, should show examples in biotech where such a price has been paid.  At this stage, I would guess a value of $1.5 billion or so would do it for any buyer.

I could be wrong is if the public markets start getting more optimistic about RVX and our market cap goes up to say, $500 million.  On Friday, we saw the first sign of that happening...the share price inched higher on nearly 1 million shares.  Another few days like this, and I will become confident that we are headed to much higher levels.  And we need those trading volumes to sustain for this new found optimism to take root.

But even if we get to $500 million, I seriously doubt we will get to $3 billion.  That figure seems more of an asking price from RVX top shareholders than any final price.  Naturally, I would love to be totally wrong on this...but for now, I am assuming we get a $8 share price buyout.

Iconoclast  

New Message
Please login to post a reply