...We Welcome You To The Resverlogix HUB withIn The AGORACOM COMMUNITY!

Free

BDZ - I would have put my money on the publication of a CVD paper simultaneously with the AHA presentation. As I’m sure you know, it’s a very common practice, in part because academic authors want to get another publication in their CVs as soon as possible. More importantly, it also enables others in the field have access to far more data than can be presented in 10 minutes, particularly with online appendices of databases that are so common with online articles these days.

So I think they must have held back on submitting the CVD data for publication for a reason. Perhaps it’s because the eventual paper will include the full eGFR results as well as the CVD results, and they will soon present eGFR data at a kidney meeting. As the CVD results were so borderline and insufficient for immediate FDA approval, the chances of getting them into a really top journal (one of the Nature or Lancet series, NEJM, etc) would be greatly enhanced if the same paper also included positive eGFR results. This kind of packaging is not uncommon.

So it’s possible that a simultaneous paper with both the CVD and eGFR results might be released during a kidney meeting.

Here’s hoping!

New Message
Please login to post a reply