...We Welcome You To The Resverlogix HUB withIn The AGORACOM COMMUNITY!

Free

Sometimes I find it difficult to keep track of exactly where we are with this stock. Hang in there with me here because I'm just speaking this into the microphone on my iPad and it's not as polished as some might like.

We had the three phase 2 trials (ASSERT, SUSTAIN & ASSURE) where I think it was the ASSURE trial that didn't meet its primary endpoint with respect to plaque reduction but then some other data came out of these trials it that looked really good in terms of results versus placebo. So, those results were tested in the P3 BoM trial but that trial failed to reach its primary endpoint because the stroke component didn't show any change and also because the introduction of statins Crestor and Lipitor during the trial period improved the standard of care for the placebo patients to an extent where ABL on it's on wasn't as effective as everyone thought it might be.  However, the trial seem to show that ABL in combination with those statins improved the results for some of those patients in the trial. This seems to be the basis for the BTD that was granted by the FDA last month.

Next we have the two sub studies, namely the CKD sub study and the VD substudy. Both of these studies seemed to show very good results in some respects however the patient populations for the studies was very low so the results need to be taken with a grain of salt. This seems to be why on the RVX website it states that they are planning for phase 2 studies for CKD and VD.  That being said, the CKD substudy 'may' contain some information that has not yet been revealed and it is anticipated that this data will be available at the end of next month.  If this information is as positive as everyone hopes, if indeed there actually is any new information, then this may (we hope) form the basis for a second BTD from the FDA for this indication.

In the midst of all of the above, we are looking for a partner to conduct the planned phase 2 trials and, if we're really lucky, for somebody to buy the whole damn thing.  The only problem I have with that is, why would somebody spend a lot of money buying a company that has some promising results but are based on very slim patient populations stemming from an unproven new science?  I guess the silver lining in this it is the BTD RVX obtained from the FDA with the hope of more to come.  

So, maybe if we're all wondering why the stock price is about $1US at the moment we can blame it on some of the above, plus the fact that the company itself is running on financial fumes.  But if we can get a 2nd BTD out of all this then the promise of a substantive commercial outcome is what we are all hoping will finally turn the tide.

Does this sort of sum it all up or am I missing something big?  Again, I know I didn't make this epistle that pretty but you get the general idea.

New Message
Please login to post a reply