...We Welcome You To The Resverlogix HUB withIn The AGORACOM COMMUNITY!

Free

I have some preliminary estimates from the CDC, and they're pretty scary to my eyes.  Here are the numbers:  

38 to 54 million illnesses, 18 to 26 million medical visits, 400,000 to 730,000 hospitalizations and 24,000 to 62,000 deaths.  

The thing is, these aren't estimates for Covid-19, instead they're estimates so far for the 2019/2020 flu season. As I understand it the United States just went over 1,000 Covid-19 deaths yesterday (an imperfect number that is subject to adjustment, just like the flu estimates).  

If the expected surge isn't as bad as forecasted...and doesn't at least reach the same levels as the seasonal flu, then I'm going to wonder about how valuable having 208 in the mix as a potential treatment/cure would be.  

Betraying my political bias I will say that I'm hardly a big fan of Donald Trump....but when it comes to the Coronavirus Pandemic, I do hope and pray he's right....that when all is said and done the numbers won't be worse than the seasonal flu, hopefully they'll be far lower.

https://www.cdc.gov/flu/about/burden/preliminary-in-season-estimates.htm?fbclid=IwAR0K3pNo6YRn8j2sYuCTidf7Ivgc0zUS_JNjrvnoF81cpK_0Vj7J54SzdlY

New Message
Please login to post a reply