...We Welcome You To The Resverlogix HUB withIn The AGORACOM COMMUNITY!

Free
Message: Apabetalone, a drug that reduces MACE in CKD patients

The main shareholders of Resverlogix, Eastern Capital and Hepalink, have invested substantial amounts of money in Resverlogix because the believe in the company. In the fall of last year, these shareholders saw that the main asset, Apabetalone, of the company they invested in not meeting the primary endpoint in a phase three trial, but a pre-specified subgroup of patients - chronic kidney disease patients - saw a statistically signficant reduction in MACE events. Quite impressive reducution, actually. Apabetalone subsequently got a breakthrough designation from the FDA. A breakthrough designation is not just something that is handed out to each and every company asking for it. The FDA understands that Apabetalone is not just any drug, it is a first in class drug with a mindblowingly big potential - CKD is affecting many, many people. Biotech investors tend to listen when the FDA weighs in on the potential of a drug.

I'll not perpetuate FUD designed headlines by responding to them, so I chose my own title to communicate that I do not consider it likely that the major shareholders in Resverlogix are going to let Resverlogix go out of business, thereby trashing a breakthrough designated drug that reduced MACE in CKD patients.

Have a nice weekend :)

BR.

BKC

New Message
Please login to post a reply