...We Welcome You To The Resverlogix HUB withIn The AGORACOM COMMUNITY!

Free

"I'd assume any COVID-19 effectiveness will be shown in BoM2 assuming the contagion is present while the study runs, agree?"

Almost a guarantee that BoM2 will have exclusion criteria to avoid recruiting patients actively infected with SARS-Cov2, the virus that causes COVID-19. It is likely that they will still enroll patients who have recovered from COVID-19 prior to study entry. Right now it would only be a guess as to when the BoM2 trial would begin. Extremely doubtful that BoM2 would start in 2020. BoM2 starting by mid 2021 may even be overly optomistic. But assuming that SARS-Cov2 is still floating around when BoM2 begins, then I do think there is an opportunity to provide insight on apabetalone effectiveness against this virus and its consequences. However, any reliable data on effects of apabetalone in BoM2 to offer effectiveness against new SARS-Cov2 infections and severity of COVID-19 likely wouldn't come until late 2021 at the earliest, in my opinion. By the time BoM2 begins, we will hopefully have one or more safe and effective vaccines proven in Phase 3 and widely in use. In my opinion, the timeline of BoM2 is not going to be compatible with the timelines of COVID-19 therapy and vaccine development.

BDAZ

New Message
Please login to post a reply