...We Welcome You To The Resverlogix HUB withIn The AGORACOM COMMUNITY!

Free

Koo -

Sorry, yes I did overlook it. Apologies.

In answer to the first question, if one of the SGLT2 companies already has a clear market lead, the company might be happy to leave it that way, and it's then more likely that one of the others with a smaller market share might want to team up with RVX. However, this leaves HIV and covid out of the equation, which might influence any BP that has an interest in infectious diseases in addition to T2D (if there are any).

Regarding the second, I think there's a very real possibility apabetalone could be a blockbuster for preventing MACE and CHF in T2D despite the recent evidence that SGLT2 inhibitors can lower MACE. Everything will depend on the results of BoM2. The fact that apabetalone does not improve glucose disposal (doi: 10.1016/j.metabol.2016.03.002. Epub 2016 Mar 8.) would imply that any reduction of MACE will be by a different mechanism from the SGLT2 inhibitors, increasing the likelhood of an additive or synergistic effect, which should be very attractive to any company with an interest in T2D.

Hope this answers your questions. If not, let me know!

New Message
Please login to post a reply