...We Welcome You To The Resverlogix HUB withIn The AGORACOM COMMUNITY!

Free

I've just read the heart failure study in great detail, my first opportunity, published in Cardiovascular Diabetology. In fact, it's very impressive (and I have many years of experience of cardiovascular research in top academic centres). The important points are: 1. It was not a subgroup analysis, but a prespecified analysis on the total data. 2. The ABL and placebo groups were very well matched by the randomisation process. 3. HDL chol was significantly increased and alkaline phosphatase came down (both desirable, of course). 4. Hospital  admissions for congestive heart failure were significantly reduced. You can't get any better than that, especially as it was a single outcome endpoint (not a composite) and there's plenty of experimental evidence for beneficial effects of ABL on heart muscle to back it up. There are 6 million people in the USA alone with heart failure, who need daily lifelong therapy.  If RVX had pre-specified heart failure as a primary endpoint in BETonMACE and not secondary, the share value would surely have rocketed by now. Don should publicise these heart failure data more widely and energetically. He needs to get the message across to the people who matter. Other companies would have held press conferences and organised symposia about these data. It's not enough to just publish them in scientific journals. He's not the Vice Chancellor of the University of Resverlogix. 

New Message
Please login to post a reply