...We Welcome You To The Resverlogix HUB withIn The AGORACOM COMMUNITY!

Free
Message: Interesting read on the backlash to FDA's approval of aducanumab

golfyeti - We had quite a bit of discussion on this board about aducanumab in mid 2018, and in Q1 & Q4 of 2019 following the trial results that brought this drug to the for to begin with. There was public outcry at the time that the drug was not going to be approved as there was little or no medication to deal with the problem available. This decision seems to be a result of that outcry and not about the usefulness and safety of the product. I have heard it suggested that aducanumab would work better and safer if used in combination with apabetalone but have not been able to find anything to support that thesis. I have also heard that Dr Cummings of the Lou Ruvo Center for Brain Health in Las Vegas who headed up the brain part of the BoM trial was quite impressed with the results he was seeing during the trial but the final numbers did not follow the early results. Again I was not able to confirm that in any articles or reports written up after the trial was completed.

In theory though it does make sense that aducanumab would produce less brain swelling in combination with apabetalone as we already know that ABL reduces inflammation. But does it do it in the brain. Do any of the science people on the board remember if inflammation in the brain was reduced in the BoM trial?

tada 

New Message
Please login to post a reply