...We Welcome You To The Resverlogix HUB withIn The AGORACOM COMMUNITY!

Free

10-41, this may not win me a few admirers on this board but chances are I'd lost those folks some time ago anyway.

Comments on this board on all matters RVX tend to follow a bell curve of opinions.  You're going to get the extremely positive to the extremely negative and then a whole bunch of others somewhere in between.  There are things to celebrate with RVX and there are things to criticize.  The vast majority of positive comments tend to revolve around the science, BTDs, publications, etc. while the negative comments revolve around company management.  To get a more balanced view in general you have to toss out the extremely positive and the extremely negative and go more with all that lies in between.

On this board I think it is safe to say that the extremely negative comments have had a greater impact simply due to sheer repetition.  Also, it's hard not to be somewhat influenced by these kinds of posts because they are made almost daily and they can rub off on you if you let them.  But, from a 30,000 foot perspective, are they reality?  Has management been guilty of being overly optimistic in its projections?  I think the answer is yes.  Does that also mean that the company isn't doing everything possible to progress the commercial development of apabetalone?  I think the answer is no.  Personally I think they are doing everything they can given that they are also a small biotech fish in a big biotech pond, and working in an environment that is dominated by all things Covid.  You don't develop a potentially revolutionary compound over a 20 year period and have major shareholderes pump in millions of dollars without wanting to get it commercialized, monetized or whatever as soon as possible.  That just makes sense.  Could communications be better or at least be more realistic?  Yes, absolutely.  But, that doesn't mean they're not doing their very best to move things forward.  I'm willing to bet all my stock that if the major naysayers on this board had a day to spend in RVX's offices, talking with management, scientists, etc. and being led through all that has been done and is being done that they would come away with a far more tempered point of view.

I will say, to no one's surprise, that the next 24 months are critical for RVX.  They need to come away with something from the Covid trial that will at the very least support the continued development of apabetalone through to BoM2.  It would be awesome if the Covid trial leads to early commercial success prior to the conclusion of BoM2, but failing that at least something, maybe post hoc, that helps confirm that the ultimate success of BoM2 is all but a foregone conclusion.

Anyway, that's my Canada Day 2 cents worth.  Have a good one.

P

New Message
Please login to post a reply