...We Welcome You To The Resverlogix HUB withIn The AGORACOM COMMUNITY!

Free

Thanks Carman2.

Resverlogix has always stressed that it is functional HDL (with high levels of apolipoprotein) that is critical to cv-protection.  Apabetalone increases functional HDL high in content of apolipoprotein.

From this article (my highlighting) :

“We need to understand what the mechanisms underlying this increased risk are. What are the functional changes in HDL that lead to this higher risk?”

From a previous and related article:  
https://www.healio.com/news/endocrinology/20190311/good-cholesterol-exhibits-shortcomings-as-indicator-of-cv-health

"Underberg noted that HDL-C levels are not an indicator of the function of the molecule and have not been linked to any of the protective processes that have led to HDL-C becoming known as “good” cholesterol.

“Our measurement of HDL-C might be too simple, and instead we may need to measure other aspects of the HDL molecule to get a clearer picture of a patient’s cardiovascular health. This all remains unclear, and more research is needed,” Allard-Ratick said.

“The more I learn about HDL, the less I know,” Underberg said."

The impact of functional changes in HDL is getting some attention.  Encouraging to see that some scientists are picking-up on what Resverlogix scientists have postulated for years.

New Message
Please login to post a reply