...We Welcome You To The Resverlogix HUB withIn The AGORACOM COMMUNITY!

Free

I sent note to Resverlogix about the article in Cell as follows:

Would someone at RVX be able to provide a layman’s interpretation of this report in the prestigious Cell publication (where apabetalone findings were discussed before) to me? It seems to imply that BET treatment may not generate the desired results in Covid.  Thanks so much Viral E protein neutralizes BET protein-mediated post-entry antagonism of SARS-CoV-2: Cell Reports

Here is the response:

Hello xxx

Thank you for your question about the Cell publication. Our science team has reviewed that particular article and do not feel that it conflicts with our understanding of BET inhibition as a potential treatment strategy for COVID-19. 

I can pass along a few key points from our internal analysis of this research: 

• Multiple studies have confirmed that BET inhibitors – including apabetalone – are effective at reducing SARS-CoV-2 viral replication in human cells, by preventing the virus from entering cells in the first place
  • The researchers studied the interactions of BET proteins with SARS-CoV-2 viral proteins (which occur within the cell), and the potential impact of these interactions on viral replication
  • Their experiments were not designed to study the effects of BET inhibitors on viral entry into cells
  • Apabetalone was not studied as part of this research, and the two BET inhibitors that were studied do not have the same clinical safety records as apabetalone 

I hope that I have answered your question and that you find these points helpful. Please let me know if you have any further questions.

-------------------

I appreciate the RVX team getting back to me in a timely manner.  It seems that their team knows what they're talking about and I get a sense that they feel confident about progressing this forward.

masila

New Message
Please login to post a reply