Completes Geological Review of Mina Real Property
posted on Apr 27, 2009 06:44AM
Edit this title from the Fast Facts Section
|April 27, 2009|
|Rochester Completes Geological Review of Mina Real Property|
|VANCOUVER, BRITISH COLUMBIA--(Marketwire - April 27, 2009) - Rochester Resources Ltd. (TSX VENTURE:RCT)(OTCBB:RCTFF)(FRANKFURT:... reports that it has received the results of an extensive review of the geology, structural setting and mineralization of the Mina Real District, Nayarit State, Mexico. The review was carried out by Dr. Tony Starling, principal of Telluris Consulting Ltd. ("Telluris") of the United Kingdom, and was reported to Dr. Alfredo Parra, the Company's Qualified Person. Telluris is a geological consultancy established in 1993 that specializes in the application of structural and alteration studies to mineral deposits. Dr. Starling has 19 years experience in Mexico and has been instrumental in the discovery of several new ore bodies throughout Mexico. Specifically, he has applied his distinguished mesothermal/orogenic gold systems studies to discoveries in districts such as Charcas, San Martin and Taxco.
The report summarizes the preliminary conclusions of a 12 day field visit to the Mina Real mine and project area in December 2008 on behalf of Rochester Resources Ltd. The review and fieldwork at Mina Real carried out by Telluris concentrated on viewing available underground workings and accessible surface outcrops. Telluris was engaged to achieve a better understanding of structural controls on mineralization at the Mina Real Property, and to assist in identifying potential target areas for the Company's upcoming exploration and drill programs.
The principal conclusions were:
- There are three main deformation events evident in the district;
- The exposed mineralization appears to represent the uppermost levels of an intermediate sulphidation epithermal system that has potential to be expanded at both depth and along strike;
- The mineralization may have undergone both hydrothermal and structural telescoping so that different stages of mineralization may be present at the current topographic level;
- Within the main structures there is a strong control by early to syn-mineralization andesite dykes whose margins have been preferentially sheared. The same structures are also intruded by late- to post-mineral basalt dykes that are magnetic, relatively fresh and may provide a geophysical target;
- There may be an association with rhyolitic flow domes and the belief is that this area is a good analogue with the Bolanos district (Jalisco).
Eduardo Luna, President and CEO, states, "While more work is required, we have been encouraged that all studies confirm the high potential of the district and definitely justify the continued investment of additional resources in building a comprehensive knowledge base of the area while simultaneously developing the area's mineral resources."
Dr. Parra is a Qualified Person as defined by National Instrument 43-101 and has reviewed the technical information contained in this news release.
ON BEHALF OF THE BOARD
Eduardo Luna, President and CEO
About Rochester Resources Ltd.:
Rochester represents a pure-play in the exploration and development of high-grade gold and silver properties located in Nayarit, Mexico. The Company is a niche player in Mexico which has assembled an attractive portfolio of properties in the Sierra Madre Occidental Range. This is the largest epithermal precious metal region in the world, hosting the majority of Mexico's large tonnage gold and silver deposits. Current production generates growing cash flow and helps fund our ongoing exploration and development with minimum share dilution.
Rochester is well positioned to advance its Projects and can very quickly become a significant player in Mexico. Rochester has a strong senior management team based in Mexico, a workforce in place to advance its projects through to mine development, and strong financial backing to implement and advance our work programs.