Welcome To The Strategic Resource Acquisition Corporation HUB On AGORACOM

With this transaction, SRA has effectively provided for the sale of the majority of its Ge/Ga rich leachate into 2010

Free

SRA Appoints Senior Management and Director

posted on Feb 24, 2010 09:22AM
February 23, 2010
SRA Appoints Senior Management and Director
TORONTO, ONTARIO--(Marketwire - Feb. 23, 2010) - Strategic Resource Acquisition Corporation ("SRA") (TSX VENTURE:SRZ.H) is pleased to announce the appointment of two senior officers to its management team and one new Director to its Board. Mr. Terence Chandler has been appointed to the position of Executive Vice-President and Mr. Terrence Byberg has been appointed to the position of Chief Operating Officer. Mr. Peter Calder joins the Board of Directors of SRA as an independent Director. Both Mr. Chandler and Mr. Byberg bring extensive corporate management experience as well as expertise in the areas of project acquisitions, mine permitting and development, and operations. Mr. Calder adds a wealth of experience in Engineering and Operations to the Board.

Mr. Chandler brings 35 years of exploration and development experience in the Americas, Africa and Europe to SRA, particularly in polymetallic VMS and gold deposits, with Falconbridge Ltd. and Homestake Canada Ltd. His Canadian experience includes the exploration, feasibility evaluation and development of remote northern deposits in Nunavut and Northern British Columbia. Mr. Chandler, as CEO of Redcorp Ventures Ltd., successfully obtained environmental assessment approvals in complex multi-jurisdictional processes at the Tulsequah Chief Mine project in northwest British Columbia, culminating in over $250 million in project development financing and a further $125 million in contingent capital facilities for its development.

Mr. Byberg has 37 years of international mining experience gained in Northern Canada, Greece, the Philippines, Australia and Mexico. He started his career at Campbell Red Lake Mines and has held the position of General Manager at operations of Royal Oak Mines Inc., TVX Gold Inc., and Exall Resources Ltd. He was previously President and COO of Philippine Gold PLC, and most recently, from 2003 to 2009, was Founder, President and CEO of Silver Eagle Mines Inc., where he arranged over $55mm in financing which was used to develop an underground Ag, Pb, Zn, mine and mill property, in Zacatecas State, Mexico.

Mr. Calder was Mine Superintendent with the Iron Ore Company of Canada at the Carol Lake project in Labrador in the mid 1960's. From 1977 to 2007 he was at Queen's University, Department of Mining Engineering, and was Head of the Department from 1980 to 1990. He has extensive experience as a consultant in the areas of blasting, rock mechanics, equipment selection, mine design and project valuation. He has been involved in major research and consulting projects with numerous clients, including the Iron Ore Company of Canada, INCO, Falconbridge, Barrick Gold, Quebec Cartier Mining, Algoma Steel, JCI and CODELCO.

These additions to SRA's management team will work closely with Victor Wyprysky, President and CEO, in the identification, acquisition, financing and development of mineral assets for the company.

Strategic Resource Acquisition Corporation is a Toronto-based mineral development company, focused on acquisition and development of base and precious metal properties in Canada and in low-risk foreign jurisdictions.

On behalf of the board of SRA I welcome Messrs Calder, Chandler and Byberg and look forward to working with them as we rebuild SRA.

"Victor Wyprysky", President and CEO
New Message
Please login to post a reply