Welcome to the San Gold HUB on AGORACOM

San Gold Corporation - one of Canada's most exciting new exploration companies and gold producers.

Free

New hires and promotions (w options at $1,40 )

in response to by
posted on Feb 12, 2008 01:07PM
Source MarketwireDate 02/12/2008Time 12:12:27 PM Company SAN GOLD CORPORATIONTitle San Gold Adds Key Management Positions CDNX Symbol: SGR

Press Release

NEWS RELEASE TRANSMITTED BY MARKETWIRE FOR: San Gold Corporation TSX VENTURE SYMBOL: SGR February 12, 2008 San Gold Adds Key Management Positions BISSETT, MB--(Marketwire - February 12, 2008) - San Gold (TSX-V: SGR) (www.sangoldcorp.com) is pleased to announce the following additions and changes to its operations management: Ron Moran - Vice President, Technical Services Ron will be responsible for long-term mine planning, budgeting, new projects and will coordinate contractor activities with the Mine department. Ron will also be a key member of the management team in evaluating new properties and acquisitions and will report directly to the CEO and the San Gold board of directors. His over 25 years of mine management and engineering experience includes Dumas Contracting, Placer Dome, Noranda, Denison, HBM+S and most recently Mine Manager and Chief Engineer with River Gold / Wesdome. Ron has been working with San Gold over the past year as a consultant and is a member of the Professional Engineers of Ontario. Mine Operations Richard McPherson has been promoted to Manager of Mining and will be responsible for all aspects of underground production and development. His vast experience of over 40 years in mining, safety and contract management includes Procon Mining, Cementation, Echo Bay and as a mines inspector with the N.W.T. government. Richard has been with San Gold as the Mine Superintendent since August 2005. Ed Titanich, former Mine Captain at Rice Lake, has been promoted to the Mine Superintendent position. Jim Harvey, former Senior Geologist with San Gold, has been promoted to the position of Chief Underground Geologist. Mill Operations The mill management team has recently expanded resulting in the promotion of John Hutchison to Mill Manager. John was instrumental in the re-start of the Rice Lake Mill as Mill Superintendent for San Gold since 2005 and is the former Mill Superintendent for the same mill under previous operators Harmony Gold. San Gold also welcomes the addition of Don Bridges to the mill management team as Mill Superintendent. Don has extensive experience in the operation and management of gold mills, most recently with River Gold / Wesdome and will report directly to the Mill manager. The changes as described above are in keeping with San Gold's evolution from an explorer to a fully integrated explorer, developer and producer of gold within high quality and safe gold deposits. Stock Option Issuance A total of 4,200,000 share options have been granted to officers, directors, employees and consultants of the company including those listed above. The options are granted at a strike price of $1.40 and vest over a three year period. - 30 - CONTACT INFO: Dale GinnCEOSan Gold Corporation(204) 794-5818 or Investor Information1-800-321-8564www.sangoldcorp.com INDUSTRY: Manufacturing and Production - Mining and Metals

SUBJECT: MAT - MATERIAL CHANGE

New Message
Please login to post a reply