Welcome to the San Gold HUB on AGORACOM

San Gold Corporation - one of Canada's most exciting new exploration companies and gold producers.

Free

$2.00 Warrants

in response to by
posted on May 06, 2009 06:40PM

The client bought shares at $1.40 and got 1/2 warrant exercisable at $2.00.

The broker (Dundee, Cormark, GMP) gets 10% commission (pigs!) of which 4% was in 1/2 warrants. I guess they wanted some upside, not just 10% cash fees up front. This also netted SGR more cash on closing. Win - win ?

I have a hard time understanding why the brokers (in the know) would exercise them at only $2.05.

I suspect they're setting a trap, so when the share price goes a little higher, eg $2.15, the little guy will be happy to sell and use the cash to exercise their warrants at $2.00. They'll be there buying everything for sale up to $2.25 or ?.??

Seem like a game of chicken leading up to May 29 expiry

Anyone have any other ideas why were been held in this range and why the higher daily volumes?

Certainly Management could help the share price by sharing some information on tonns crushed, gold pored, meters drilled, progress in the San Antonio, progress in the Hinge #4, TSE listing, ...there must be some good news to share !

Isn't a "fair" share price in everyones best interest.

Regards

San Gold announces closing of $40 million "bought deal" private placement

November 30, 2007

San Gold Corp. has closed its private placement offering of 17.9 million units of the company at a price of $1.40 per unit for total gross proceeds to the company of $25.06-million. Dundee Securities Corp., Cormark Securities Inc. and GMP Securities LP acted as underwriters for the offering. Each unit consists of one common share plus one-half of one transferable common share purchase warrant with each whole purchase warrant exercisable into a common share at a price of $2.00 for a period of 18 months from closing. The underwriters also exercised their overallotment option to purchase up to an additional 10,725,000 units for an additional $15,015,000 in gross proceeds to the company. The common shares and warrants comprising the units are subject to a hold period of four months and a day from the date of issuance in accordance with applicable securities laws and the policies of the TSX Venture Exchange.

In connection with the offering, the underwriters received a cash commission equal to 6 per cent of the gross proceeds raised under the offering plus broker warrants equal to 4 per cent of the number of units sold under the offering. The broker warrants are exercisable into common shares at a price of $2.00 per broker warrant for a period of 18 months from closing.

The final closing of the offering is subject to the approval of the TSX Venture Exchange. The net proceeds of the offering will be used for accelerating the development of deep high-grade gold zones in the Rice Lake mine, the continued development of the San Gold No. 1 mine as well as for general corporate purposes including working capital.

New Message
Please login to post a reply