Welcome To The Sandstorm Gold Ltd HUB On AGORACOM

Edit this title from the Fast Facts Section

Free

I very recently penned an article discussing the reasons why Sandstorm Gold (NYSEMKT:SAND) was spring-loaded and waiting for gold to rise. I stand by that article and think that the stock is a levered play on gold. But much like other streaming companies, Sandstorm has now begun to branch out from its cornerstone metal and is seeking to generate income from new sources. This is a new and exciting path for the company.

I had discussed, quite clearly the company is forecasting production of approximately 45,000 ounces per year in 2018 but I wholeheartedly believed this was an underestimate because it implied that no new producing streams will be acquired in the next 4 years. I argued that I was all but certain the company will position itself into at least a couple producing streams and would likely enter into new royalty agreements. I opined that the company could remain profitable, based on its current numbers so long as gold remains above $1000 an ounce. What I did not consider was that the company would dare to move outside of its comfort zone. But, like a shooting star, this company surprised me early this…

Read more »

Source: SeekingAlpha (March 23, 2015 - 10:33 AM EDT)
New Message
Please login to post a reply