Seafield Resources Ltd

Mazatlan, Mexico - Dryden, n/w Ontario - Fire project, ROF McFauld’s Lake On

Free

Seafield Resources Appoints David Prins as Chief Operating Officer

Press Release: Seafield Resources Ltd.Thu, Oct 4, 2012 6:30 AM EDT

Related Content

(Marketwire - Oct 4, 2012) - Seafield Resources Ltd. ("Seafield" or "the Company") (TSX VENTURE:SFF) is pleased to announce the appointment of David Prins as the Company''s Chief Operating Officer, effective today.

Mr. Prins is a Civil Engineer with extensive experience in the evaluation, design, planning and subsequent development execution stages of mining projects, principally in Latin America. Mr. Prins'' previous position was as President and CEO of Explorator Resources Inc. until its acquisition by Sociedad Punta del Cobre in May 2011. Prior to this he was the principal of his own Santiago based consulting firm which provided project evaluation and management services to many leading precious and base metals mining companies. Mr. Prins has also worked for Placer Dome Project Development Group directly and indirectly for a period of over 16 years which included a 10 year period at the Zaldivar Mine in Northern Chile. He is currently a director of Duran Ventures Inc. and Oremex Silver Inc., both companies with advanced exploration projects in Peru and Mexico respectively.

"I, together with the Board of Directors of Seafield, welcome David to our team as the Company focuses on bringing the Miraflores Project towards production," commented Cesar Lopez, President and CEO of Seafield Resources Ltd.

"I would like to thank Seafield''s senior executive team for the opportunity to work with them," said David Prins. "I can see many ways to optimize the Project''s economics. I look forward to working with my new team to complete the Miraflores'' feasibility study."

Subject to regulatory approval, a total of 3,100,000 options to purchase common shares of the company have been granted to Mr. Prins at an exercise price of $0.13 per share, expiring on October 3, 2017, with 50% vesting at 12 months and the other 50% at 24 months.

Additionally, the Company is pleased to announce a private placement financing (the "Private Placement). The Private Placement consists of 13,000,000 units (the "Units") of Seafield at a price of $0.13 per Unit for an aggregate subscription price of $1,690,000, with each such Unit comprised of one common share of the Company and one half of one common share purchase warrant. Each warrant shall be exercisable to acquire one Common Share of the Company at an exercise price of $0.20 per share for a period of 2 years

New Message
Please login to post a reply