Welcome To The Shear Wind HUB On AGORACOM

Edit this title from the Fast Facts Section

Free

Announces Interconnection for Coyote Ridge

posted on Jan 08, 2009 02:40AM
January 7, 2009
Shear Wind Announces Interconnection for Coyote Ridge
HALIFAX, NOVA SCOTIA and CALGARY, ALBERTA--(Marketwire - Jan. 7, 2009) - Mike Magnus, President and CEO of Shear Wind Inc. ("Shear Wind") (TSX VENTURE:SWX) is pleased to announce that Shear Wind has secured a third build-out position on the Alberta electrical grid for the 120MW Coyote Ridge Phase I Project located in Southern Alberta. The Alberta Electric Supply Operator (AESO) confirmed positive conclusions for interconnection to the Alberta Interconnected Electric System (AIES). The interconnection will be to the most recently planned 240kV expansion line intended to be available by 2012.

"Coyote Ridge Phase I is our third Alberta project to obtain a position on the Alberta Grid. We anticipate that the 120 MW recently secured by Coyote will set the stage for Phase II development shortly thereafter," Magnus says, "This project has an excellent wind regime and will produce a correspondingly intensified energy output. The combined size of the Coyote Phase I and Phase II provides considerable value to our pipeline and to the shareholders."

"This news is what we have been waiting for over the past three years, and we continue to finalize our development in anticipation of constructing this great project" states Magnus. "We anticipate construction to commence in 2012."

Shear Wind has an active pipeline in excess of 1500 Megawatts (MW) of wind power properties strategically positioned across Canada for access to both domestic and Northeast US markets. Shear Wind's projects are located in Nova Scotia, New Brunswick, Saskatchewan and Alberta.

About Shear Wind

Founded in 2005, Shear Wind is headquartered in Halifax, Nova Scotia and is engaged in the exploration and development of renewable wind energy properties in Canada. Shear Wind is focused on building a strong company based on a secure and sustainable supply of clean wind energy. Shear Wind is committed to building shareholder value governed by environmental stewardship.

Additional information on the various projects may be viewed on Shear Wind's website: www.shearwind.com.
New Message
Please login to post a reply