Welcome to the Sierra Metals hub on AGORACOM

Emerging Mid Tier Precious Metals Producer

Free
Message: Sierra Metals Files NI 43-101 Technical Report on Bolivar Mine in Mexico

2017-04-19 05:30:00 PM ET (PR Newswire)

Sierra Metals Inc. (TSX: SMT) (BVL: SMT) ("Sierra Metals" or "the Company") has filed a technical report prepared in accordance with National Instrument 43-101 ("NI 43-101") on the Bolivar Mine (the "Report"). The Report supports the disclosure made by the Company in its news release dated April 11, 2017 entitled "Sierra Metals Updates Mineral Resource and Reserve Estimate for Bolivar Mine, Mexico." and there are no material differences in the mineral reserves and resources contained in the Report from those disclosed in the news release.

The report is in support of the updated Mineral Reserve and Resource estimates for the Bolivar Mine and includes:

Total Indicated Mineral Resources of 9,335,000 tonnes averaging 18.1 g/t silver, 0.90% copper and 0.30 g/t gold, 1.23% CuEq

Total Inferred Mineral Resources of 9,055,000 tonnes averaging 17.9 g/t silver, 0.86% copper and 0.33 g/t gold, 1.20% CuEq

Total Probable Mineral Reserves of 4,327,000 tonnes averaging 17.5 g/t silver, 0.85% copper and 0.31g/t gold, 1.18% Cu Eq

Notes on Resource and Reserve Estimate

The effective date of the Mineral Resource and Reserve statement for the Bolivar Mine is February 28, 2017. Details of the Resource and Reserve estimate are provided in the Company's April 11, 2017 press release. A NI 43-101 compliant technical report to support the estimate has been filed on SEDAR on April 19, 2017.

Metal price assumptions considered for the calculation of the cut-off grade and equivalency are: Silver (Ag): US$/oz 18.30, Copper (US$/LB 2.43) and Gold (US$/oz 1,283.00).

Mineral resources that are not mineral reserves do not have demonstrated economic viability.

For a specific breakdown of each category of resources (indicated and inferred), and reserves (probable) please refer to the Report.

The Report dated April 6, 2017 was prepared by SRK Consulting (U.S.), Inc. and is entitled "NI 43-101 Technical Report on Resources and Reserves Bolivar Mine, Mexico" and was prepared by independent "Qualified Persons" (as that term is defined in NI 43-101) under the direction of:

Matthew Hastings, MSc Geology, MAusIMM (CP), Senior Consultant (Resource Geology)Jon Larson, BS Mining Engineering, MBA, PE, MMSAQP, Principal Consultant (Mining Engineer)Jeff Osborn, BEng Mining, MMSAQP, Principal Consultant (Mining Engineer)Daniel H. Sepulveda, B.Sc., Metallurgist, SME-RMJohn Tinucci, PhD, PE, President/Practice Leader/Principal Consultant (Geotechnical Engineer)Mark Willow, MSc, CEM, SME-RM, Principal Environmental Scientist

The Report is available for review on both SEDAR (www.sedar.com) and the Company's website (www.sierrametals.com).

Quality Control

All technical data contained in this news release has been reviewed and approved by Gordon Babcock, P.Eng., Chief Operating Officer and a Qualified Person under National Instrument 43-101 - Standards of Disclosure for Mineral Projects.

About Sierra Metals

Sierra Metals Inc. is Canadian based growing polymetallic mining company with production from its Yauricocha Mine in Peru, and its Bolivar and Cusi Mines in Mexico. The company recently completed a very successful operational improvements program at its Yauricocha mine and is now focused on completing a similar program at its Mexican operations to increase production volume, recoveries and modernize operations. Sierra Metals continues to grow its mineral resources with several exciting brownfield opportunities such as the Esperanza Zone at the Yauricocha Mine which went from first discovery to mining in less than one year. The Company has several other brownfield exploration opportunities at all three Mines in Peru and Mexico within or very close to the existing mines which its actively exploring and hopes to daylight in the short-term. The company has large land packages at all three Mines with several regional highly prospective targets providing longer term exploration upsi de and mineral resource growth potential.

The Company's shares trade on the Lima Stock Exchange (Bolsa de Valores de Lima) and on the TSX under the symbol "SMT".

Forward-Looking Statements

This release includes certain statements that may be deemed "forward-looking statements". All statements in this release, other than statements of historical facts, that address estimated resource quantities, grades and contained metals, possible future mining, exploration and development activities, are forward-looking statements. Although the Company believes the forward-looking statements are based on reasonable assumptions, such statements should not be in any way construed as guarantees of future performance and actual results or developments may differ materially from those in the forward-looking statements. Factors that could cause actual results to differ materially from those in forward-looking statements include market prices for metals, the conclusions of detailed technical analyses, lower than expected grades and quantities of resources, mining rates and recovery rates and the lack of availability of necessary capital, which may not be available to the Company on t erms acceptable to it or at all. The Company is subject to the specific risks inherent in the mining business as well as general.

Continue to watch our progress at:

Web: www.sierrametals.com Twitter: sierrametalsFacebook: SierraMetalsIncLinkedIn: Sierra Metals Inc

SOURCE Sierra Metals Inc.

https://rt.prnewswire.com/rt.gif?NewsItemId=TO66434&Transmission_Id=201704191730PR_NEWS_USPR_____TO66434&DateId=20170419

New Message
Please login to post a reply