Welcome To The Silver Shield Resources HUB On AGORACOM

Acquisition, exploration and development of mineral resource properties in Northern Ontario and Mexico with a focus on silver.

Free

SILVER SHIELD DISCOVERS NEW AREA OF MINERALIZATION AT THE LA CUMBRE GOLD/SILVER PROPERTY MEXICO

BURLINGTON, ON, July 26, 2011 Silver Shield Resources (SSR-TSXV) is pleased to announce that it has discovered a previously unknown, easterly trending shear, located ~400mN of the La Cumbre shaft at its 100% owned La Cumbre Silver-Gold Property.

Initial sampling, from the new shear zone returned an assay of 1.789g/t Au, 4,031 g/t Ag (117.6 oz/ton), 6.18% Cu, 0.16% Pb and 0.04% Zn (0.5m wide).

The new “Shear Zone” was encountered while completing follow-up work on a 400m long Au, Ag, Cu, Pb and Zn soil geochemistry anomaly and is sub-parallel to the main system of mineralization on the property, within andesitic volcanic rocks. A crew is being mobilized this week to commence a trenching program to trace the shear and obtain better understanding as to its width and length and to obtain additional samples. Other sites identified in the Geochemistry survey are also being evaluated for trenching.

The La Cumbre Silver-Gold Property (7,000ha) had the first phase of drilling performed in 2008. The company has recently been performing surface work at the site in preparation for further exploration and Phase II Drilling in late 2011. Company workers will be performing maintenance on the office building at the site and will be performing small scale rehabilitation on the adit and shaft. The shaft is being evaluated for a total rehab to enable access to the lower mining levels. As part of the overall surface work tracing mineralization through the use of soil sampling follow-up has been on-going.

Tim Towers, CEO commented “The La Cumbre Gold and Silver Property is a quality asset and with $1,600 USD gold and $40 USD silver the company is looking to drill and expand on its previous successful Phase I program. The company maintains its stated focus on acquiring and developing gold and silver properties with near surface mineralization in order to minimize mining costs when developed. The La Cumbre Silver /Gold Mine is a past producer situated in an area with numerous past producers and producers, being only 65km southwest of Farallon Resources Campo Morado Mine (VMS) and 100km west of Goldcorps Los Filos Mine (Au).

The TSX Venture Exchange has not reviewed and does not accept responsibility for the adequacy or accuracy of this news release.

For Further Information

: Donald Shaxon Corporate Development (289) 838-5936

New Message
Please login to post a reply