Silver Wheaton Corp.

Largest Pure Silver Streaming Company

Free
AGORACOM NEWS FLASH

Dear Agoracom Family,

I want to thank all of you for your patience with us over the past 48 hours and apologize for what was admittedly a botched launch of our new site.

As you can see, we have reverted back to the previous version of the site while we address multiple forum functionality flaws that inexplicably made their way into the launch.

To this end:

1.We have identified 8 fundamental but easily fixable flaws that will be corrected in the coming week, so that you can continue to use the forums exactly as you've been accustomed to.

2.Additionally we will also be implementing a couple of design improvements to "tighten up" the look and feel of the forums.

Have a great Sunday, especially those of you like me that are celebrating Orthodox Easter ... As well as those of you who are also like me and mourning another Maple Leafs Game 7 exit ... Ugggh!

Sincerely,

George et al

More than Likely to Move Up

posted on Feb 19, 2009 11:07AM

http://seekingalpha.com/article/1212...

Silver Wheaton: More than Likely to Move Up

by: Investment U February 18, 2009 | about stocks: SLW

Investment U

by Matt Weinschenk

The Silver Lining to a Dismal Morning

On a day like today, it’s tough to get excited about stocks.

But someone sure was excited about Silver Wheaton Corp (NYSE: SLW) Tuesday morning. It gapped up 2% and kept rising from there. Silver Wheaton is one of a few well-known silver plays. And I’m behind silver for a lot of reasons…

Over the last 200 years, the mean gold/silver ratio has been 31.32. Tuesday it surged to 69. A simple reversion to the mean makes a great play here. For those of you without finance books handy, it means that silver is more likely to move up to maintain the average ratio.

But that’s not all…

Silver – A Consumption Commodity

Silver isn’t just a store of value, it’s a consumption commodity.

Globally, 63% of demand for silver comes from industry or photography. Only 27% ends up in coins, medals or jewelry. Silver goes into everything from batteries to ball bearings, electronics to electroplating, and medical devices to mirrors.

Only 11% of gold demand comes from industrial uses, and the gap is widening.

Researchers find new uses for silver constantly. For example, UK researchers found that coating medical equipment in silver ions prevents infections. Coating lumber with a fine silver mist makes it resistant to mold and mildew.

As industrial consumption increases, less of each year’s production will be available for holding as a precious metal.

However, this does make silver dependent on a consumption economy… which we seem to be lacking at the moment. Silver won’t really move until we get a turnaround in the global economy. But that doesn’t mean that Silver Wheaton Corp will have to wait that long.

New Message
Please login to post a reply