Free
Message: Forum Etiquette - Not a warning; just something for everyone to consider

Forum Etiquette - Not a warning; just something for everyone to consider

posted on Oct 07, 2009 02:48PM

Good Afternoon to you all.

Thank you for your participation and for your contributions to the Silverado Gold Community. I am sure you are all aware that the past 3 months had been stigmatized with quite a lot of tention. Accounts have been banned and users have been warned - at the end of the day what has really sufferred is the knowledge base of this community.

With that said I would like to take a few moments of your time and direct your attention to some of my thoughts on the matter.

AGORACOM's system is built on meritocracy and everything about our site revolves around this ubiquitous trust. From the trust we extend to our members - to the norms and belief systems each community builds for their indigenous microcosms. And within these microcosms, camaraderie’s and friendships emerge.

Now, it's my understanding that this community is not only wired - that is exists on the web - it also exists locally; and I can feel privileged that you have used AGORACOM to develop a spirit of camraderie outside the "4 walls of agora".

Working with AGORACOM for about 2 years now I can tell you everything about this website and this company revolves around family - and I understand that sometimes this sense of familiarity and camraderie can breed contempt.

Investing is a very personal matter - and emotion, momentum both play a role in decision making and opinion. Thus when our opinion or our decision making is confronted, we tend to take a defensive stance.

This is a natural consequence of diversity - and for the greater part this is what helps the local crowd distinguish the good information from the bad. And we let those who will benefit the most from this collective decision making - the investors - dictate what are relevant facts to what are not.

Moving forward we would like our participants to consider the breadth of information your peers put an enormous thought and effort in their posts. If you feel that opinion is not relevant to you, simply ignore it, or use your best discretion and the community standard in constructing your response.

If you are presented with facts, financials or a press release, kindly do your best to respond with a series of your own facts. Someone else spent their scarce time in retrieving this information - the least one would owe them is a respectful and factual response. During instances where you cannot find facts in a rebuttal, please be eloquent and positive - in terms of contributing to the forum - in any response provided.

As a courtesy to your peers, we respectfully ask all our members to avoid any personal inferences when discussing your investments with your fellow peers. I think you will agree that the text medium can be described as atonal – hence any suggestive comments can be quickly taken out of the context of your post.

At the end of the day we are all looking for perfection - 100% harmony. I hate to be the one to dissapoint you but such a system does not exist; however AGORACOM has built a community that is 90% there. We eliminate bashers and outright distractors - we have full time staff that help our members with their technical difficulties in addition to any personal differences amongst members that arise on seldom occasions. And all this is done at no cost to investors, nor with us making a single dollar in advertising revenue.

The end result? 1.3 million unique visitors to our site - and inspite the seldom ruccus, AGORACOM is the happiest community online.

Thank you all again for your participation within the AGORACOM Community.

Best Regards,

Andreas Marouchos

Community Director

New Message
Please login to post a reply