Welcome To The Solomon Resources Ltd HUB On AGORACOM

A Canadian company focused on the acquisition, exploration and development of quality mineral properties world wide.

Free

news

posted on Nov 12, 2008 05:12AM

I-Zone Returns High-Grade Gold

At Mengold - Solomon’s Goldcreek Project

MONTREAL, QUÉBEC, November 12, 2008.

Mengold Resources Inc.

("Mengold")

(MNI: TSX.V) and Solomon Resources Limited (SRB: TSX-V) have encountered high-grade

gold – up to 234.0 gpt – in surface sampling programs conducted this fall at the I-Zone on the

Goldcreek Property, located in the Shebandowan area, west of Thunder Bay, Ontario. The I-Zone

is part of structurally complex series of twenty-six dykes previously mapped on the Goldcreek

Property. A structural model is currently being developed to provide insight into the nature of the

gold emplacement within this particular system.

The sampling programs were carried out by Mengold, Solomon and Caracle Creek International

Consulting (“CCIC”). CCIC recently completed an independent NI 43-101 Technical Report on

the Goldcreek Property which can be found on SEDAR, as well as, Mengold’s and Solomon’s

websites at

www.mengold.ca and www.solomonresources.ca

Mengold stripped and sampled a 10m x 4m area at the west end of the I-Zone that is now exposed

on surface for approximately 70m. A total of twenty-two oversize samples, each weighing

approximately 50kg to 75kg, were taken over the granodioritic dykes containing quartz-healed

ladder veins carrying pyrite mineralization. Due to the occurrence of coarse visible gold in some

of the samples, total metallic assaying was utilized instead of fire assay in order to determine a

more accurate result of the gold content. The twenty-two oversize samples averaged 9.9 gpt gold

with the highest assay being 34.9 gpt gold. Much of the gold recovered was course in the +100

mesh range which would be amenable to a milling process using a gravity concentrator. The

results of the sampling program provide evidence of increasing gold content along the western

extension of the I-Zone which averages 4m in width.

As part of an independent study, CCIC selected five grab samples over the I-Zone which

averaged 31.5 gpt gold. The samples ranged from 22.3 gpt to 44.5 gpt gold. The samples were

all analyzed by fire assay. Mengold’s joint venture partner, Solomon, selected three due

diligence samples over the western end of the I-Zone which returned assays of 0.8 gpt, 19.9 gpt,

and a spectacular 234.0 gpt gold. These samples were also analyzed by fire assay.

As reported in News Release 08-16, dated Sept. 25, 2008, Mengold’s joint venture partner,

Solomon Resources, plans to expend $5.4 million on exploration expenditures over a three-phase

program on the Goldcreek Property including a total of 24,000m of diamond drilling. Funding of

$650,000 is a firm commitment to be spent prior to December 31, 2008.

The Qualified Person responsible for this news release is Joel Scodnick, P.Geo., President & CEO

of Mengold Resources Inc.

Mengold is engaged in mineral exploration for precious and base metals. The Company is also

actively exploring the Burchell Lake Property which is prospective for gold, copper, zinc, nickel,

and molybdenum, and the Greenwater Lake Project which is prospective for nickel and PGE’s,

both of which are located in the Shebandowan area of Northwestern Ontario.

New Message
Please login to post a reply