Welcome To The Spider Resources HUB On AGORACOM

First Explorer at the "Ring of Fire" and presently drilling on the "BIG DADDY" Chromite/Pge's jv'd property...yet we were robbed

Free

Aboriginal Issues OT

posted on Mar 19, 2008 05:01AM

I am concerned about the issue brought forward by Kelsee with regards to a situation in Northern Ontario dealing with mining exploration and the Aboriginal peoples. 

Although not directly affecting SPQ and the ROF, it is an issue that could negatively cloud future negotiations with local Aboriginal people and the Government of Ontario.

Below you will find the text of my email to a Mr. Crone who is the Senior Advisor, Communications in the office of the Minister Responsible for Aboriginal Affairs.  [email protected]

Dear Mr. Crone:

I was upset to read a recent newspaper article in the Chronicle Journal (Thunderbay) titled “KI councillor not worried about jail”.

Could you answer some questions for me? I have been out to the Government of Ontario websites reading the government’s news releases on this issue so I have some background.

Here’s a quote from the Chronicle Journal which seems to get to the heart of the confrontation between Kitchenuhmaykoosib Inninuwug (KI) [Councillor Sam McKay specifically] and the Ontario Government.

“The province of Ontario is the one that issued the exploration permit to Platinex without consulting us, never mind accommodating our needs.”

1) When was the exploration permit issued?

2) Who received communications about the permit's issuance?

Might I get answers on the two questions found above?

Thanks,

Glenn Lindsey

New Message
Please login to post a reply