Welcome To The Starcore International Ventures HUB On AGORACOM

Edit this title from the Fast Facts Section

Free

News - net income reported for 3rd qtr

posted on Jun 14, 2008 06:09PM

VANCOUVER, BRITISH COLUMBIA--(Marketwire - June 13, 2008) - Starcore International Mines Ltd. (TSX:SAM) (the "Company") has filed the results for the third quarter ended April 30, 2008. Starcore had revenues from metal sales of $7.2 million, earnings from mining operations of $1.2 million, and reports a net income of $0.2 million for the quarter ended April 30, 2008. Over the nine month period ended April 30, 2008, the Company reports revenues of $20.1 million, earnings from mining operations of $3.7 million and a net loss of $1.2 million, due largely to a $1.1 million non-cash stock-based compensation charge on option awards.

The net income in the quarter resulted from a combination of higher metal prices and a marked decrease in corporate administrative expenses due largely to management's efforts to lower administrative costs.

The Company also had positive cash flow from operations of $1.4 million for the quarter and $3.8 million for the nine months ended April 30, 2008.

The following table is selected information of mine production statistics for the San Martin mine for the April 30, 2008 quarter of operations and the first complete year of operations to January 31, 2008. Chief Executive Officer Robert Eadie stated, "Management is encouraged by the development of the Guadalupe vein and by re-establishing access to the higher grade ore bodies which has directly increased ore grade from that of the prior quarter and which will provide better results into the coming year. We have reported a quarterly profit for the second time since acquiring the mine last year and hope to maintain this trend."

Actual Actual

results for results for

3 months Year

ended ended

April 30, January 31,

(Unaudited) Unit of measure 2008 2008

Production of Gold in Dore thousand ounces 4.1 24.1

Production of Silver in Dore thousand ounces 30.3 213.1

Equivalent ounces of Gold(i) thousand ounces 4.65 28.2

Milled thousands of tonnes 67.0 258.1

Operating Cost per

Equivalent Ounce US dollars/tonne 487 301

(i) assuming a 50:1 silver to gold equivalency ratio

Overall equivalent gold production was lower at 4,650 ounces, compared to the prior years' average of 7,050 ounces per quarter. The decrease is due to lower ore grades in the quarter, however, ore grades have improved to 2.17 g/t gold and 24 g/t silver over the prior quarter amounts of 2.04 g/t and 24 g/t, respectively. The Company placed ore bodies 29 to 31 back into full production by the end of the quarter, which is expected to result in higher ore grades over the next quarter. In addition, the Company has mined over 8,100 tonnes grading 3.18 g/t of gold and 26 g/t silver from the Guadalupe vein during the quarter and expects to increase the tonnage milled from this vein in the future.

Full financial statements are available on SEDAR at www.sedar.com and on Starcore's website at www.starcore.com.

ON BEHALF OF STARCORE INTERNATIONAL MINES LTD.

Gary Arca, Chief Financial Officer and Director

FOR FURTHER INFORMATION PLEASE CONTACT:

Starcore International Mines Ltd.
Robert Eadie

(604) 602-4935 or Toll Free: 1-866-602-4935
(604) 602-4936 (FAX)
Email: [email protected]

The Toronto Stock Exchange has not reviewed nor does it accept responsibility for the adequacy or accuracy of this press release.

Source: CCN Matthews (June 13, 2008 - 1:44 PM EDT)

News by QuoteMedia
www.quotemedia.com

(note some of the financials were cut - complete release is available under press releaes)
New Message
Please login to post a reply