Welcome To The Stornoway Diamond Corporation HUB On AGORACOM

Edit this title from the Fast Facts Section

Free
Message: Stornoway Appoints Mr. Ian Holl as Vice President, Processing

MONTREAL, QUEBEC--(Marketwired - March 11, 2014) - Stornoway Diamond Corporation (TSX:SWY) is pleased to announce the appointment of Mr. Ian R. Holl to the newly created position of Vice-President Processing, effective March 10th, 2014.

Mr. Holl is a professional metallurgical engineer with more than 22 years of experience in all aspects of construction, commissioning and operation of diamond processing plants. As Vice President, Processing, he will be directly responsible for overseeing all ore processing and diamond recovery activities at the Renard Diamond Project. Between 1996 and 2012, Mr. Holl held successively senior positions with De Beers, including Process Manager at De Beers Canada Inc.'s Snap Lake Mine in the Northwest Territories and Process and Maintenance Manager for the Victor Mine in northern Ontario. Between 2011 and 2012, Mr. Holl served as Senior Manager, Ore Processing, at the Jwaneng Mine in Botswana, the world's largest diamond mine. Immediately prior to joining Stornoway, Mr. Holl held the position of General Manager, Operations for DRA Americas Ltd. in Toronto, under contract for the development of the Labrador Iron Mines project near Schefferville, Québec. Mr. Holl is a graduate of the Witwatersrand College, South Africa (1995).

Patrick Godin, Stornoway's COO, commented "We are very excited to welcome Ian to our project development team as we move the Renard Project towards construction and operation. Ian will be tasked with building and operating a safe, productive and efficient diamond plant at Renard. His operating credentials and project development expertise will provide an essential complement to our existing diamond skill sets. His appointment reflects Stornoway's commitment to building a world class diamond mining operation."

About the Renard Diamond Project

The Renard Diamond Project is located approximately 250 km north of the Cree community of Mistissini and 350 km north of Chibougamau in the James Bay region of north-central Québec. In November 2011, Stornoway released the results of a Feasibility Study at Renard, followed by an Optimization Study in January 2013, which highlighted the potential of the project to become a significant producer of high value rough diamonds over a long mine life. Probable Mineral Reserves as defined under National Instrument ("NI") 43-101 stand at 17.9 million carats. Total Indicated Mineral Resources, inclusive of the Mineral Reserve, stand at 27.1 million carats, with a further 16.9 million carats classified as Inferred Mineral Resources, and 25.7 to 47.8 million carats classified as non-resource exploration upside. All kimberlites remain open at depth. Readers are referred to the technical report dated December 29th, 2011 in respect of the November 2011 Feasibility Study for the Renard Diamond Project, and the technical report dated February 28th, 2013 in respect of the January 2013 Optimization Study, for further details and assumptions relating to the project.

About Stornoway Diamond Corporation

Stornoway is a leading Canadian diamond exploration and development company listed on the Toronto Stock Exchange under the symbol SWY and headquartered in Montreal. Our flagship asset is the 100% owned Renard Diamond Project, on track to becoming Québec's first diamond mine. Stornoway is a growth oriented company with a world class asset, in one of the world's best mining jurisdictions, in one of the world's great mining businesses.

On behalf of the Board

STORNOWAY DIAMOND CORPORATION

Matt Manson, President and Chief Executive

New Message
Please login to post a reply