Welcome To The Strikepoint Gold HUB On AGORACOM

Focused on the Rice Lake Gold Belt

Free

As far as I can make out, the surface expression of the shoreline volcanics end just where SKP begins. And at the east end, they seem to stretch to SG1 but not onto cougar land. I was going to check the initial SKP comments from this summer - just about to look back now and see what they say - what structures and faults they located - didn't find them easily on the SKP or SGR websites - must be on here though.

The SGR news release geology map shows a bend in the SAM unit hooking around the emperor, but I have no other geology map that shows this.

Going by this map's legend, the shoreline type volcanics are as per the map below.

<!--[if !mso]> <object classid="clsid:38481807-CA0E-42D2-BF39-B33AF135CC4D" id=ieooui> </object> <style> st1\:*{behavior:url(#ieooui) } </style> <![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0cm 5.4pt 0cm 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0cm; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-language:#0400;} </style> <![endif]-->

A unit of mafic volcanic rocks, informally termed the Shoreline volcanics, extends along the north shore of Rice Lake and overlies the Hare's Island formation. This is approximately 100 m thick and is composed mainly of basaltic andesite which demonstrates good pillow and breccia structures that are diagnostic of an extrusive origin. The composition of the Shoreline basalt is similar to that of the leucogabbro of the SAM Unit suggesting an extrusive I subvolcanic intrusive relationship between them. The Shoreline volcanics are overlain by massive to brecciated porphyritic dacite of the Townsite volcanics. This unit is commonly uniform in composition except at its base which is composed of heterolithic breccia. The main mass of the porphyritic dacite contains distinctive 5-10 mm phenocrysts, local zones of breccia and metre-thick intervals of thin bedded tuff. Although these rocks have been variously interpreted as an intrusion, lava flow or crystal tuff, the weight of evidence favours a subaqueous pyroclastic origin (Tirschmann, 1986).

###Today's SGR news release mixes up info from two drill results from their table, and one of 'the discovery' grades is also slightly different from the mapped number.

New Message
Please login to post a reply