True North Gems Inc. has provided a construction and development update for the company's Aappaluttoq mine site in southwest Greenland.
Since the last update issued by the company on Dec. 16, 2014, the following on-site activities have taken place:
- Completion of the five-kilometre transport route from the outer port to camp;
- Completion of the foundations for the recreation facility and the majority of camp accommodations;
- Completion of blasting and backfilling of the helipad area;
- Commencement of work on the track from the mine camp to the explosives depot;
- Completion of excavation for the fuel storage depot with final installation of the fuel depot still to be completed;
- The maintenance workshop procured and delivery to mine site expected in the spring.
"The completion and opening of the transport route from the outer port to camp is a major milestone in the project's development," stated Bent Olsvig Jensen, managing director of True North Gems Greenland A/S. "This will allow the main camp units and other construction supplies already offloaded at the outer port to be safely transported to their required location inland. The focus of construction will now shift to camp facility development."
Progress reports will continue to be issued as individual construction milestones are met; these will usually be accompanied by new images from site which can be viewed in the projects section in the tab construction of the company's website.