Welcome To The True North Gems HUB On AGORACOM

Edit this title from the Fast Facts Section

Free
Message: TRUE NORTH GEMS COMMENCES MINING THE AAPPALUTTOQ RUBY AND PINK SAPPHIRE

True North Gems Inc. has initiated mining operations at the Aappaluttoq ruby and pink sapphire deposit in southwest Greenland.

"On behalf of True North Gems, True North Gems Greenland A/S and all our working partners, it is my great pleasure to announce that we have broken ground at Aappaluttoq," stated Nicholas Houghton, president and chief executive officer of the company. "During a very tough period for the mining industry with many financial challenges, it is deeply gratifying to see everyone's hard work materialize and for True North's shareholders to see mining start."

LNS Greenland, a joint venture partner in the Aappaluttoq mine, has been contracted as the mine operator. Its Norwegian and Greenlandic-based technical team has submitted mining extraction plans to the boards of True North and True North Gems Greenland A/S, and attained approval for pit operations to begin. The process and gemstone recovery system is currently being shipped to Greenland and the planned fourth quarter 2015/first quarter 2016 extraction will create a sufficient ore stockpile to feed the plant once it has been commissioned. Planned waste rock removal work during the current extraction will pave the way for the 2016 mining season to commence as scheduled.

"This is a historic day for the revived mining industry in Greenland," stated Bent Olsvig Jensen, managing director of True North Gems Greenland A/S. "Being one of the first companies to progress through the new permitting system and to reach a positive outcome is a testament to all involved. We now look forward to fully commissioning the newest mine in Greenland, which will be one of the most advanced coloured gemstone mines in the world."

We seek Safe Harbor.

New Message
Please login to post a reply