Welcome To The United Silver Corp HUB On AGORACOM

A Profitable Mining Management Company Based in Idaho’s Silver Valley; Advancing the Crescent Mine back to Production

Free
Message: United Mining Group Announces Name Change to United Silver Corp.

VANCOUVER, BRITISH COLUMBIA, Jun 21, 2011 (MARKETWIRE via COMTEX) -- United Silver Corp. ("United Silver Corp.", the "Company" or "USC") /quotes/zigman/5375429 CA:USC -6.45% (otcqx:USCZF)(frankfurt:UM8) announced today that Mr. Graham M. (Chip) Clark, Jr., currently Chairman of the Company, has accepted the appointment as interim President and Chief Executive Officer of United Silver Corp., effective June 19, 2011.

Mr. Clark is a corporate mining lawyer and executive with more than 35 years experience in the field with The Anaconda Company, ASARCO, and 13 years with Newmont Mining Corporation, spending 5 years as Senior Vice President and General Counsel. He has extensive expertise in the acquisition, finance and provision of security for mineral properties in the U.S. and internationally, and has negotiated and implemented mineral property joint operating agreements for major properties including the Post-Betze ore body in Nevada and the Yanacocha deposit in Peru. Mr. Clark is a graduate of the Yale School of Law.

In light of current market conditions, United Silver Corp. also announces that its Board of Directors has commenced a review of strategic options in relation to its pre-production mine development and exploration programs at the Crescent Silver Mine project. The Company has previously announced a $4.3 million surface and underground drilling exploration program, a $9 million underground development program and a mill expansion program of $2.5 million, all currently underway for a mine production target of the first quarter of 2012. The Company intends to conduct a detailed study of mine development and exploration operations with the intention of adjusting the mine development plan and budget expected to be incurred in bringing the Crescent Silver Mine project back into production. The results of this plan and budget will be disclosed once available.

Mr. Charles Pitcher has stepped down as President and Chief Executive Officer as the Company evaluates its working capital requirements and obligations associated with the Crescent Silver Mine project. Mr. Pitcher has agreed to remain as a consultant and director to the Company to assist in the management transition and to enable the Company to benefit from his considerable expertise and experience.

New Message
Please login to post a reply