PropTech: Advanced Technologies and Control Systems For Healthy Buildings
Universal PropTech is a diversified investment platform delivering healthy building solutions and services
As the name implies “PropTech” is a combination of two words and stands for “property technology.” As simple as that is, the implementation and importance of PropTech is anything but.
Like every other industry on the planet that is incorporating technology to create greater efficiencies and experiences, the commercial real estate market is no different and is seeing the rapid adoption of;
- Artificial Intelligence
- Machine learning
- Big data
- Internet of Things (IoT Sensors)
- Cloud computing
To create cost savings by reducing and even eliminating existing costs, create greater efficiencies for the operation and maintenance of real estate assets, as well as, improve the design of new builds.
WHY UNIVERSAL PROPTECH (UPI:TSXV)?
Headquartered in Toronto, UPI has offices across Canada including Halifax,Montreal, and Ottawa.
- Used in Federal Government facilities for over 40 years
- Provides real estate managers turnkey HVAC Building Controls design, equipment, installation and ongoing operations and maintenance services for Industrial, Commercial, Institutional and Multi-residential customers
- Already possesses under-utilized IP in building controls to add in additional monitoring inputs and equipment controls
- Diverse revenue streams via products, installations and ongoing
- Key strategic partnerships afford the ability to monitor real-time utility meters, key BAS and systems data in a building.
- Team has the capability to make sense of this data and apply advanced web tools to make recommendations to fine tune a building, saving from 5% to 15% of a facilities energy spend without capital expenditure
CUSTOMERS WITH THEIR OWN LEGACY
As businesses return to the office, property managers must think about the design and safety of their buildings for occupants. Traditional cleaning methods are ineffective at preventing transmission. UV technology is able to sanitize all surfaces free from pathogens. UPI is capitalizing on this opportunity by building and acquiring UV technology as it is the best in the market to administer and integrate it into healthy buildings in Canada.
UNIVERSAL PROPTECH PORTFOLIO
HOW BIG IS THE PROPTECH MARKET?
COVID-19 Opportunity: Air & Surface Disinfection Technology
Pandemic response has created the need to identify bacteria and viruses in indoor air quality, and disinfect immediately and effectively.
Traditional cleaning methods are ineffective at preventing transmission of COVID-19, which occurs through contact with infected surfaces.
Building cleaning staff aren’t able to wipe down entire surfaces but UV technology and ionization is able to disinfect air and surfaces free from pathogens.
UPI is building and acquiring this technology as it is the best in the market to administer and integrate it into healthy buildings.